The Regional Municipality of York has been notified of a positive case of COVID-19 in the City of Richmond Hill.
The case is travel-related from Iran on Tuesday, Feb. 25 with a layover in Denmark. A woman in her 30s developed symptoms prior to her return and was symptomatic on the flight.
On Wednesday, Feb. 26 at approximately 3:55 p.m., the individual boarded GO Bus #40 at Toronto Pearson International Airport, Terminal 1, travelling eastbound sitting on the upper deck with a final destination arriving at the Richmond Hill Centre Terminal.
On Thursday, Feb. 27, the individual was tested and assessed at Mackenzie Health Hospital in the City of Richmond Hill. The individual is currently in self-isolation recovering at home. As a result of the coordinated efforts of our healthcare and public health system, the individual was quickly assessed and isolated.
All individuals who travelled in the business class section of Qatar Airways flight QR 483 and QR 163, Air Canada flight AC 883 and on GO Bus #40 eastbound and sitting on the upper deck may have been exposed to this positive case of COVID-19 and are asked to contact York Region Public Health. Please call 1-800-361-5653 Monday to Sunday between 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for further assessment.
One of the organizers for Miller’s US fundraising trip – Justin Cooper – was a former senior aide to Hillary Clinton.
Cooper was involved in Clinton’s leaked email scandal. He was charged with setting up a private email server for Clinton while she was the Secretary of State despite having no security experience.
The girl, who looks to be maybe five or six years old, is given a place of honor right at the front. The drag queen — dressed in booty shorts, bedazzled spandex, and fake breasts — puts the child in a chair and begins dancing suggestively and crawling around on his hands and knees. At the end of the clip, he leans in and hugs the visibly confused and disturbed girl. The adults (I use the word loosely) in the room look on and cheer.
Fake news is international. “Over 200 million Muslims call India home,” Bernie Sanders tweeted Wednesday. “Widespread anti-Muslim mob violence has killed at least 27 and injured many more. Trump responds by saying, “That’s up to India. This is a failure of leadership on human rights.” Bernie is, as usual, wrong. His tweet reflects the American establishment media’s position that the riots in India over the last few days are examples of Hindu violence against Muslims, but they only maintain that position by an extremely selective, misleading, and inexcusably irresponsible presentation of what is going on in India.
The disinformation begins with the establishment media description of the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), which is the cause of the rioting. In an article entitled “Trump declines to condemn India’s anti-Muslim law,” the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that President Trump had “declined…to condemn India’s controversial new citizenship law, which discriminates against Muslims.” The law, said the Times, “excludes Muslims and has helped fuel a new wave of communal violence….The law passed by India’s parliament last year prioritizes citizenship for Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians while excluding Muslims.”
That’s partially true. Gulf News is closer when it says that “the Citizenship Amendment Act allows for the fast-tracking of applications from religious minorities including Hindus and Sikhs from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, but not Muslims.” Why would these religious minorities be given preferential treatment? Because they are being persecuted in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. Who is persecuting them? Muslims. So the Citizen Amendment Act offers refuge to these persecuted minorities, and not to people among whom may be their persecutors.
What exactly is wrong with doing this?
At Suliman Mohamed’s 2016 sentencing for trying to join ISIS, the Ottawa judge presiding over his case did not hold back, scolding those aligned with the terrorist group for “embracing the devil.”
Mohamed got seven years.
But three years later, he was already out of prison on statutory release, although his parole report said he had not abandoned extremist ideology and remained a “significant” risk.
He was one of five terrorism offenders released from Canadian prisons in 2019, despite concerns raised by parole boards that four of them still posed a risk to public safety.
At least three more could be released this year.