PA spends 6 times more on terrorists than on its own needy

In its 2017 budget, the Palestinian Authority allocated 550 million shekels to pay salaries to terrorist prisoners and released terrorist prisoners. The salaries paid to these recipients, among them murderers, ranged from 1,400 shekels/month to 12,000 shekels/month. The beneficiaries of these payments are no more than a few tens of thousands of Palestinians.

In contrast, the PA spent only 605 million to provide financial assistance to needy Palestinian families. According to the PA budget, the 118,000 needy families received payments ranging between 750 to 1,800 shekels/quarter.

Of the 605 million shekel expenditure, 515 million shekels was funded by the international community (165 million shekels by the European Union, and 350 million shekels by the World Bank). As such, the PA contributed only 90 million shekels of the 604 million shekel expenditure.

In other words, while the PA spent 550 million shekels of its budget a year to incentivize and reward terrorists no more the a few tens of thousands of terrorists, it spends only 90 million shekels to support its needy population. In comparison, the amount it spent on the needy equals only 16% of the amount the PA prefers to spend on rewards for terror and murder.

Advertisements

German Army Catches Iranian Spy In Its Ranks

A 50-year-old German-Afghan man has been arrested on charges of spying for Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS). The man, named by the state prosecutor as Abdul Hamid S., has been passing on sensitive military intelligence to the Iranian spy agency for many years, the local newspaper reports said.

This in not an isolated case of its kind. “The Federal Prosecutor is presently investigating several espionage cases involving Iranian spy service, German newspaper Abendblatt reported citing official sources. In addition to that, some 950 member of the Iran-sponsored Hezbollah terror militia are also operating in the country, a 2018 report published by the German intelligence agency shows.

Tamika Mallory: ‘It Doesn’t Make Sense For Me To Throw Away…The Nation Of Islam’

What’s the first rule of holes? Someone may want to give Women’s March co-chair Tamika Mallory a clue. After making national news earlier this week for refusing to condemn Louis Farrakhan, Mallory has a new interview out today in which she once again defends the group. 

KAPO RABBIS CALL ON JEWS TO ATTEND WOMEN’S MARCH

Nine liberal rabbis endorsed the Women’s March after meetings with organizers Linda Sarsour and Tamika Mallory and sharing their concerns about anti-Semitism.

The rabbis said in a letter that they had engaged in “frank discussions about the issues that are dividing our communities” with Sarsour and Mallory, including the latter’s ties to Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan, who has a history of making anti-Semitic and homophobic statements.

Though the letter acknowledged that differences remained, it encouraged members of the Jewish community to attend the march on Saturday.

“We pledge to remain actively involved with the Women’s March, its next steps, its hopeful agenda,  and its leadership, Linda and Tamika in particular,” the rabbis said.

The statement came out of meetings between the two organizers and 13 rabbis, though not all the attendees signed it, the Forward reported.

Along with the Farrakhan issue, Mallory and fellow organizer Carmen Perez allegedly made anti-Semitic comments at Women’s March planning meetings. Also, some Jews feel uncomfortable by comments made about Israel and Zionism by Sarsour, a Palestinian-American activist and outspoken critic of the Jewish state.

The signatories of the letter are Rabbis Barat Ellman, Rachel Goldenberg, Lauren Grabelle Hermann, Lisa Grant, Sharon Kleinbaum, Ellen Lippmann, Mike Rothbaum, Joshua Stanton and Nancy Wiener.

Ellman is the the mother of Women’s March staffer Sophie Ellman-Golan and Kleinbaum works at New York’s LGBTQ synagogue, Congregation Beit Simchat Torah. Grant and Wiener both work at the New York campus of the Reform movement’s Hebrew Union College.

SOURCE

Actual good news: The Forward ending 121-year print run

“They’ve been losing money for years but lately the losses have been more than $5 million a year.”

Police warn of taxi drivers using altered debit machines, sleight of hand to scam customers

Four men, a woman and a teenage boy are collectively facing more than 250 identity theft fraud charges in connection with an ongoing taxi fare scam investigation.

Police said that customers would get into various taxi cabs during the evening and morning hours and when they would attempt to pay with either a debit or credit card, the driver would swap their card with a fake card and steal their identity.

The drivers allegedly handed customers an altered Point of Sale machine and when the customers enter their PIN information, an error would pop up on the machine and the transaction would show up as not properly processed. The driver would then ask for the machine back to fix the issue and then swap out the customer’s debit card with a fake card and the transaction would go forward without an issue.

Police said the driver would then go to the bank, take the PIN information captured from the altered Point of Sale machine and then either the driver, or another person waiting at the bank, heads to the ATM and withdraw money.

On Dec. 19, search warrants were issued for several addresses in the city and documents, as well as a point of sale machine, were recovered.

Between Dec. 19 and Jan. 15, six suspects were arrested.

The suspects face a total of 262 fraud-related charges, including identity theft, possession of property obtained by crime and fraud over $5,000.

The accused are Alex Ghakhar, 22, and Adam Ghakhar 22, Mohammad Sarwar, 25, Tracy Begley, 48, and a 16-year-old boy who cannot be named.

This is not the first time a taxi scam has hit the streets of Toronto.

In 2016 and in 2017, Toronto residents were bilked out of thousands of dollars through similar scams.

SOURCE

 

UQAM co-op excludes white comedian from shows because of his dreadlocks

A new controversy over cultural appropriation has arisen in Montreal, resulting this time in a white comedian being barred from two comedy shows because he has dreadlocks, a hairstyle associated with black culture.

The Coop les Récoltes is a bar but also a solidarity co-operative created by the Université du Québec à Montréal’s Groupe de recherches d’intérêt public, a collective that deals with social and environmental issues.

The establishment confirmed its decision to exclude comedian Zach Poitras in a message posted on its Facebook page.

Poitras was barred from performing at the Snowflake Comedy Club and the Soirée d’humour engagée. He refused to comment on the decision.

In its online explanation, the co-operative defended its mission to be “a safe space, free from any link to oppression,” and described cultural appropriation as a form of violence.

“We will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment within our spaces,” they wrote. The group argues that cultural appropriation is when “a person from a dominant culture appropriates the symbols, clothing or even the hairstyles of persons from a historically dominated culture.”